Montréal, October 19, 2016 - Part of ARCA’s mandate is to produce studies and advocacy resources. Luckily, community based research is made easier today with recent developments in online data collecting and processing platforms. Members of the RCAAQ, frustrated with their own work conditions, have mobilized to update a 2005 survey on human resources... ARCA is participating in the process, both as a peer and as a resource, motivated by the potential of community based research to inform future knowledge campaigns.
Also, ARCA reacts to announced dissolution of PEI Council of the Arts (PEICA) in a letter to Minister Doug Currie, and PAARC submits a brief to BC Standing Committee on Finance.
SAVE THE DATE: September 21 - 24 2017
Sign up and stay connected to our progress: www.FlotillaAtlantic.com
Mustering the verve and warmth of an East Coast kitchen party, The Association of Artist-Run Centres from the Atlantic hosts the biennial gathering of artist-run centres from across Canada in Charlottetown, in September 2017.
The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada and interactive location map. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines.
- Operating grant competitions scheduled for 2016 will be cancelled. Support to organizations will be evaluated using the New Funding Model with deadlines between May 1 and July 1, 2017. A transition calendar and information about assessment to the...
- Spill PROpagation in collaboration with Anne Bertrand, Executive Director of the Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference, Étienne Lepage, playwright, and Julie Tremble, artist and Director of Vidéographe, launch their microsite and...
- On October 16 and 17, some bibliophiles from the visual arts community met in Vancouver to explore ways we can better connect our publications to audiences. Among the participants were organizations with resources and knowledge that could be...
- Montréal, 9 July, 2015 - On June 25, Anne Bertrand was interviewed by Tiphaine Girault, artist and Executive Director of Spill PROpagation for a series of videos to present artist-run centres to artists from the Deaf community looking to access...
- Teleconference between Canada Council staff and NASO representatives In response to the videos announcing the New Funding Model programs. Le 4 juin, 2015 Appel en français de 10h à 11h10 HNE Thursday June 4, 2015 English language call -...
- Invited by the Fine Arts Department of the University of Waterloo on February 25th to introduce a group of students to the artist-run network as part of their Professional Development Talks series, I stayed a few days longer to visit centres in...
- RT @ArtsCoalitionCa: Thank you #ArtsDay 2016! Incredible advocates uniting arts w/ policy. Great energy and strength in our voices across C… about 21 hours ago from Twitter for Android
- RT @LesleyBramhill: Merci @m_pauze d'avoir pris le temps de comprendre les besoins des artistes québécois et de tout le pays ! #journeedesa… October 25, 2016 from Twitter for Android
- RT @LesleyBramhill: Première réunion ce matin avec l'équipe de @SBoucherMP. La culture contribue grandement aux langues officielles ! #jour… October 25, 2016 from Twitter for Android
- RT @melaniejoly: Bonnes idées lors de ma discussion table ronde ce matin avec les membres de la Coalition des Arts à #Ottawa #JournéedesArt… October 25, 2016 from Twitter for Android
- RT @PAARC: Great meeting today with @JennyKwanBC. Thank you! #ArtsDay @ARCCC_CCCAA @ArtsCoalitionCa @OrGallery https://t.co/SqOOA1xKm1 October 25, 2016 from Twitter for Android