In a recently crafted collective statement ARCA joined an ad hoc group of arts service organizations in Quebec, to advocate for more equitable policies supporting Canadian, Québécois and Indigenous artistic production and dissemination in the digital era as part of Canadian Heritage consultations on “Canadian Content in a Digital World”.
ARCA also shares some best practices on human resources, starting with a better understanding of the difference between interns and volunteers as well as a few tips on "creating a more mutually-beneficial mentorship model
SAVE THE DATE: September 21 - 24 2017
Sign up and stay connected to our progress: www.FlotillaAtlantic.com
Mustering the verve and warmth of an East Coast kitchen party, The Association of Artist-Run Centres from the Atlantic hosts the biennial gathering of artist-run centres from across Canada in Charlottetown, in September 2017.
The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada and interactive location map. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines.
- Operating grant competitions scheduled for 2016 will be cancelled. Support to organizations will be evaluated using the New Funding Model with deadlines between May 1 and July 1, 2017. A transition calendar and information about assessment to the...
- Spill PROpagation in collaboration with Anne Bertrand, Executive Director of the Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference, Étienne Lepage, playwright, and Julie Tremble, artist and Director of Vidéographe, launch their microsite and...
- On October 16 and 17, some bibliophiles from the visual arts community met in Vancouver to explore ways we can better connect our publications to audiences. Among the participants were organizations with resources and knowledge that could be...
- Montréal, 9 July, 2015 - On June 25, Anne Bertrand was interviewed by Tiphaine Girault, artist and Executive Director of Spill PROpagation for a series of videos to present artist-run centres to artists from the Deaf community looking to access...
- Teleconference between Canada Council staff and NASO representatives In response to the videos announcing the New Funding Model programs. Le 4 juin, 2015 Appel en français de 10h à 11h10 HNE Thursday June 4, 2015 English language call -...
- Invited by the Fine Arts Department of the University of Waterloo on February 25th to introduce a group of students to the artist-run network as part of their Professional Development Talks series, I stayed a few days longer to visit centres in...
- Lire le discours de @simon_brault et autres nouvelles dans l'arca @danslapoche de janvier https://t.co/nPF0wWqv2S about 2 hours ago from Facebook
- January issue of #intheloop with links to @simon_brault speech and other news https://t.co/VnUGcC2cCl about 2 hours ago from Facebook
- Change can and does happen when folk speak out. https://t.co/8Qvdcz4WFj January 19, 2017 from Facebook
- Yes @PAARC this is what we learned at @CanadaCouncil annual public meeting held Tuesday. January 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to PAARC
- By 2021 @CanadaCouncil will invest 88.5M$ in projects w digital strategy. @simon_brault How do you arrive at... https://t.co/0aD3UrM5Kv January 19, 2017 from Facebook