In 2014, ARCA commissioned Mariane Bourcheix-Laporte to examine the evolution of art publishing funding at the Canada Council for the Arts. »Read more
Montréal, 9 July, 2015 - On June 25, Anne Bertrand was invited to introduce artist-run centres as part of a series of information videos intended for artists from the Deaf community, on accessing mainstream dissemination networks in all arts disciplines.
"This is a huge work in progress that began in Oct 2014 when Board gave the “go” to develop the new model. It entails the complete repositioning of Council, with goal of scaling up. We recognize that the arts community relies on Council & needs more financial capacity and impact."
Artist-Run Centres & Collectives of Ontario (ARCCO) invites you to join us in Toronto on Thursday, November 12 to Saturday November 14, 2015 for our next national conference, Artists at the Center: Moving from the Margins to Inclusion. Register before July 1st for early bird rate!
The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCA) is proud to announce the network’s first online directory is now LIVE! The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines.
What riding is your centre located in? Have you started thinking about Canada 's upcoming 2015 elections? The following resource is adapted from the Canadian Arts Coalition's website. Arca encourages members of the artist-run community to adapt and personalize the material produced for the 2014 Arts Day on the Hill campaign, and adapted by ARCA, to engage with local politicians. The topic for this year's pre-budget committee hearings was “maximizing the number and types of jobs for Canadians.” This topic provides a great opportunity to highlight recent statistics on employment in the artist-run network, and, to reiterate the Canadian Arts Coalitions recommendations for the federal budget 2015. Once again, Arca thanks the Coalition's volunteers for developing and sharing this material.
ARCA has recently agreed, along with the museum associations (CMA and CAMDO) to extend the CARFAC fee schedule for another three years with yearly increases of 3%, until 2015, for a cumulative increase of 9,27%. Expanding on this, the ARCA membership is in agreement with the principle that fees should be paid, and be subject »»
Study: the Canada Council for the Arts’ Support of Artist Run Centres’ Publishing Activities through the Writing and Publishing Section
ARCA visits South-Western Ontario
Invited by the Fine Arts Department of the University of Waterloo on February 25th to introduce a group of students to the artist-run network as part of their Professional Development Talks series, ARCA stayed a few days longer to visit centres in Hamilton and London. »Read more
ARCA mandated to advocate on behalf of TXT – The Canadian Art Publishing Network
Art publishing advocacy work begun years ago has recently culminated in the production of a letter to Simon Brault, Canada Council's new CEO, signed by over 70 individuals from the art publishing community. The letter is the outcome of a networking meeting held in Montreal November 7-8, 2014, where a loose knit group of independent cultural producers, directors of artist-run centres and university art galleries among others proposed to work under the umbrella of TXT - The Canadian Art Publishing Network / Le réseau canadien de l’édition en art. »Read more
- Avid art collector Pierre Lassonde appointed Chair of the Canada Council for the Arts. Maybe mining money will... http://t.co/2887G3soWy July 30, 2015 from Facebook
- Another brillant cancon find in the Artexte collection http://t.co/o0eXXV2r6z July 23, 2015 from Facebook
- Until July 27 / jusqu'au 27 juillet http://t.co/bOXgI22YrQ July 22, 2015 from Facebook
- Le communiqué du RCAAQ au sujet des récentes coupures du CALQ. Mobilisation du milieu en vue à l'automne http://t.co/vF20JLiFg8 July 16, 2015 from Facebook
- Printed Matter has a new executive director, of sorts. Congratulations! http://t.co/pDNjw2Tgt8 July 09, 2015 from Facebook
- Former Khyber arts centre director Daniel Joyces reporting on artist-run centres visited during cross country... http://t.co/OBH3HSCGyj July 06, 2015 from Facebook
- Si vous visitez la région de l'Outaouais cet été, passez à AXENEO 7 qui prolonge son ouverture jusqu'au 8 août http://t.co/6KkHIR4Qhq July 03, 2015 from Facebook
- La pré-inscription est prolongée jusqu'à la mi-juillet; ne ratez pas cette conférence nationale de centres... http://t.co/GJ7MmCRKPd July 03, 2015 from Facebook
- Early bird registration has been extended to mid-July; don't miss this important artist-run centres gathering... http://t.co/4TtIVnlACb July 03, 2015 from Facebook
- Excellente lettre de L'UNEQ dénonçant les coupures sur les associations et l'impact sur les artistes; on... http://t.co/Jw4z3X6o08 June 27, 2015 from Facebook