Montréal, September 14, 2016 — Another year is already in full swing with supercrawls, swarms and La Rentrée. This year ARCA is in the off-year between conferences, making it a good place to digest the meetings, conversations and notes. The brief relates results from ARCCO’s report on the Artist at the Center: Moving from the Margins to Inclusion conference held last November in Toronto that demonstrate solid buy-in for our artist-run network’s biennial conference so crucial in maintaining our sense of belonging and of common values and practices.
SAVE THE DATE: September 21 - 24 2017
Sign up and stay connected to our progress: www.FlotillaAtlantic.com
Mustering the verve and warmth of an East Coast kitchen party, The Association of Artist-Run Centres from the Atlantic hosts the biennial gathering of artist-run centres from across Canada in Charlottetown, in September 2017.
The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada and interactive location map. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines.
- Operating grant competitions scheduled for 2016 will be cancelled. Support to organizations will be evaluated using the New Funding Model with deadlines between May 1 and July 1, 2017. A transition calendar and information about assessment to the...
- Spill PROpagation in collaboration with Anne Bertrand, Executive Director of the Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference, Étienne Lepage, playwright, and Julie Tremble, artist and Director of Vidéographe, launch their microsite and...
- On October 16 and 17, some bibliophiles from the visual arts community met in Vancouver to explore ways we can better connect our publications to audiences. Among the participants were organizations with resources and knowledge that could be...
- Montréal, 9 July, 2015 - On June 25, Anne Bertrand was interviewed by Tiphaine Girault, artist and Executive Director of Spill PROpagation for a series of videos to present artist-run centres to artists from the Deaf community looking to access...
- Teleconference between Canada Council staff and NASO representatives In response to the videos announcing the New Funding Model programs. Le 4 juin, 2015 Appel en français de 10h à 11h10 HNE Thursday June 4, 2015 English language call -...
- Invited by the Fine Arts Department of the University of Waterloo on February 25th to introduce a group of students to the artist-run network as part of their Professional Development Talks series, I stayed a few days longer to visit centres in...
- Encore une fois, on clame l'innovation au service des artistes, avec des pratiques qui viennent des artistes... https://t.co/Ct69u0uRZk September 23, 2016 from Facebook
- The Supermarket artist-run fair is accepting applications until October 15! https://t.co/DbcoXOQL7M September 20, 2016 from Facebook
- Fantastic! https://t.co/zmdDer4hL5 September 20, 2016 from Facebook
- Un rare article en français (sûrement une traduction) sur le sujet des coûts réels associés à la livraison d'une... https://t.co/BoNxRLDSSq September 19, 2016 from Facebook
- Crafty! https://t.co/otWHNq0a3Y September 18, 2016 from Facebook