In 2014, ARCA commissioned Mariane Bourcheix-Laporte to examine the evolution of art publishing funding at the Canada Council for the Arts. »Read more
The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCA) is proud to announce the network’s first online directory is now LIVE! The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines.
Art publishing advocacy work begun years ago has recently culminated in the production of a letter to Simon Brault, Canada Council's new CEO, signed by over 70 individuals from the art publishing community. The letter is the outcome of a networking meeting held in Montreal November 7-8, 2014, where a loose knit group of independent cultural producers, directors of artist-run centres and university art galleries among others proposed to work under the umbrella of TXT - The Canadian Art Publishing Network / Le réseau canadien de l’édition en art.
Publishers, artists, collectives, artist-run centres, institutions and art book distributors are welcome to apply to participate. Simply send a brief email introducing yourself and your publishing activities to our Exhibitors Coordinator...
Montréal, January 29, 2015 - On January 20th, the Canada Council for the Arts held its Annual Public Meeting, and announced sweeping changes to the existing granting program to be implemented by 2017. Notably, the announcement proposes a reduction of the number of grant programs administered by Council from 142 to fewer than 10.
What riding is your centre located in? Have you started thinking about Canada 's upcoming 2015 elections? The following resource is adapted from the Canadian Arts Coalition's website. Arca encourages members of the artist-run community to adapt and personalize the material produced for the 2014 Arts Day on the Hill campaign, and adapted by ARCA, to engage with local politicians. The topic for this year's pre-budget committee hearings was “maximizing the number and types of jobs for Canadians.” This topic provides a great opportunity to highlight recent statistics on employment in the artist-run network, and, to reiterate the Canadian Arts Coalitions recommendations for the federal budget 2015. Once again, Arca thanks the Coalition's volunteers for developing and sharing this material.
ARCA has recently agreed, along with the museum associations (CMA and CAMDO) to extend the CARFAC fee schedule for another three years with yearly increases of 3%, until 2015, for a cumulative increase of 9,27%. Expanding on this, the ARCA membership is in agreement with the principle that fees should be paid, and be subject »»
Study: the Canada Council for the Arts’ Support of Artist Run Centres’ Publishing Activities through the Writing and Publishing Section
ARCA visits South-Western Ontario
Invited by the Fine Arts Department of the University of Waterloo on February 25th to introduce a group of students to the artist-run network as part of their Professional Development Talks series, ARCA stayed a few days longer to visit centres in Hamilton and London. »Read more
ARCCO’s call for proposals : Artist-Run Centres’ National Conference
ARCA is proud to announce that Artist-Run Centres & Collectives of Ontario (ARCCO) will be hosting the next national artist-run centre conference titled Artists at the Center: Moving from the Margins to Inclusion at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario, from 12-14 November, 2015. ARCCO is inviting those who have a stake in current artist-run culture to submit proposals in response to the attached call before February 3rd 2015. »Read more
- Congratulations! http://t.co/7jOdJnyxeA May 22, 2015 from Facebook
- Day 2 / jour 2 ARCA meeting readiness @SAW May 20, 2015 from Facebook
- One can only conclude that artists and their institutions have made such a good case for the economic and social... http://t.co/Wa56gY1Byz May 14, 2015 from Facebook
- CALL for Canada's 150th - Appel à projets pour le 150e du Canada. http://t.co/sQAlX8yqva May 13, 2015 from Facebook
- http://t.co/HsMN7Wvmny May 12, 2015 from Facebook
- @livedspace: Glad you appreciate @ARCCC_CCCAA 's online directory and map that shows how vast our network is #bragging May 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to livedspace
- Thankyou @CanadaCouncil. @paarc, & @ARCCC_CCCAA members need dialogue and info more than answers #inquisitiveminds https://t.co/gl4tDLoyRC May 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- Daina Warren Receives 2015 Emily Award | Emily Carr University http://t.co/KftLaeibFN April 24, 2015 from Facebook
- Canada's Galleries Fall Short - Canadian Art http://t.co/wkVNnxLpKe April 21, 2015 from Facebook
- The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCA) is proud to announce the network’s first online... http://t.co/n2qE7IymdY April 16, 2015 from Facebook