The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCA) is proud to announce the network’s first online directory is now LIVE! The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines. »Read more
Far from being exhaustive, the present Sélection of Canadian artist-run centres’ publications—many bilingual in French and English, representing mostly the Québec and French Canadian scenes in Canada—presents a cross-section of titles published from 1991 to today. This initiative stems from a desire to revive or re-circulate key texts and documents produced by the network and thereby to shed light on ARCs’ contributions to the development of critical discourses about contemporary art in Canada.
Excerpted from ARCA’s 2014–15 Activity Report, this micropublication of 12 briefs will allow you to follow each subject individually while getting a holistic sense of ARCA’s activities as they are connected to current cultural events. A printed version will be distributed to participants of the plenary as part of the conference Artists at the Center: Moving from the Margins to Inclusion.
- Is there no more political interest for art in itself? https://t.co/MYxB49rcIA November 23, 2015 from Facebook
- Circulate widely, ideally by boat - seriously, apply! https://t.co/1He5cN6ECx November 20, 2015 from Facebook
- Eryn Foster in conversation with Jordan Bennett published in Nova Scotia's Visual Arts News https://t.co/WXtj23Y62n November 19, 2015 from Facebook
- Allocution de Simon Brault prononcée aux membres du Rideau Club. https://t.co/bNdu8gPUTG November 19, 2015 from Facebook
- @gruntgallery's Tarah Hogue et al. among 6 recipients of funding for #callresponse reconciliation project.... https://t.co/RQHdIurNU6 November 18, 2015 from Facebook in reply to gruntgallery
- Congratulations! @gruntgallery among 6 proposals supported #artistrunrocks https://t.co/rkwY6Rnets November 18, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- A series on artist-run spaces in the US https://t.co/Ru932Sy9gY November 17, 2015 from Facebook
- Day 3 of @ARCCO_ca 's conference: Andrea Fatona on her experience in artist-run centres and ongoing questions https://t.co/f9QGYC3Wg4 November 14, 2015 from Twitter for Android
- @carfacnational 's @MelissaLGruber presenting steps for effective advocacy to workshop participants https://t.co/vM0scIbEYc November 13, 2015 from Twitter for Android in reply to carfacnational
- @RCAAQ_ArtActuel 's Bastien Gilbert on advocacy @ARCCO_ca' s artists at the center: how to increase arts budgets. https://t.co/anhjNPndvk November 13, 2015 from Twitter for Android in reply to RCAAQ_ArtActuel