The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCA) is proud to announce the network’s first online directory is now LIVE! The Directory is an online database of artist-run centres and collectives (ARCs) from across Canada. Covering the breadth of the artist-run network and its distribution across the nine artist-run associations that make up the ARCA membership, the Directory allows art professionals to locate centres using a variety of filters including location, type, discipline, and submission deadlines. »Read more
Since 2000, the Canada Council for the Arts has presented the Governor General’s Awards in Visual and Media Arts to over 100 individuals nominated by peers for their achievements and contributions to Canadian contemporary art. Even though the recipients listed below were awarded individually, many belong to the collectives at the root of the artist-run movement...
L'ARCA is a micropublication produced to accompany ARCA’s Saturday November 14, 2015 plenary*, from12:00 – 2:00, Layton Room, Ryerson Student Centre (Toronto), as part of the conference Artists at the Center: Moving from the Margins to Inclusion. Consisting in the edited print incarnation of twelve bilingual briefs disseminated weekly from August 25 to November 10, 2015, produced to provide a holistic sense of ARCA’s activities as they are connected to current cultural events.
Far from being exhaustive, the present Sélection of Canadian artist-run centres’ publications—many bilingual in French and English, representing mostly the Québec and French Canadian scenes in Canada—presents a cross-section of titles published from 1991 to today. This initiative stems from a desire to revive or re-circulate key texts and documents produced by the network and thereby to shed light on ARCs’ contributions to the development of critical discourses about contemporary art in Canada.
- I'm so grateful for this study which couldn't come at a better time to save art from a well meaning, albeit... https://t.co/qOT1eJD5CZ about 1 hour ago from Facebook
- Our colleagues over at SPILL PROpagation inform us that this is BIG news! This development should make... https://t.co/VgEJGJ1snF about 2 hours ago from Facebook
- Soumettre votre candidature au plus tard le 2 mai 2016 - https://t.co/urFJMQ1r9z about 2 hours ago from Facebook
- Tomorrow deadline https://t.co/WW9uHWWiB9 about 8 hours ago from Facebook
- "Council to launch a special, one-time $33.4 million creation fund by May 2016, called New Chapter. Open to... https://t.co/wU7BK4HUog April 26, 2016 from Facebook
- Check out this home grown artist-run publication. - https://t.co/NUi7rz4sSE April 26, 2016 from Facebook
- This letter from the NB arts council's indigenous outreach coordinator offers yet another perspective on recent... https://t.co/0FaoS3L6Ng April 26, 2016 from Facebook
- Art Metropole in healthy motion https://t.co/zaQarrKSTQ April 25, 2016 from Facebook
- Consultez la liste des expos et des appels https://t.co/uUtHitcYrm April 22, 2016 from Facebook
- https://t.co/lhaH1TsQe1 April 21, 2016 from Facebook